Example: Changing DNS server settings on Windows 7
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Click Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Change adapter settings.
Select the connection for which you want to configure Google Public DNS. For example:
- To change the settings for an Ethernet connection, right-click Local Area Connection > Properties.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Select the Networking tab. Under This connection uses the following items, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and then click Properties.
- Choose: Obtain IP address automatically
- Choose: Obtain DNS Server address automatically
- OR choose: Use the following and enter the provided DNS servers into the fields.
- Click OK.
- Click CLOSE.
- Click CLOSE again.