This tutorial explains how to download files from the web, also known as a web restore. Web restore is designed to download a few files when you need them on the go; it is not designed for very large downloads.
Before you begin
- If you are downloading all of your files because you recently reformatted or replaced a device or hard drive, refer to Downloading All Files On A New Computer Or Drive instead.
- Only files backed up to a cloud destination, such as the Code42 cloud, can be downloaded from the web. If your file was not backed up to a cloud destination, you should download from the Code42 app instead.
Your administrator can restrict the maximum amount that can be downloaded from the web. If your download selection exceeds the total allowed, we recommend downloading from the Code42 app instead, if possible.
- Open a web browser and go to the administration console.
- Sign in with your account credentials.
- Select Devices.
- Locate the device containing the files you want to download and click Restore