As you probably know we are rigorous around here about backups of servers and systems. Therefore we do have a backup plan and policy when it comes to one of the most important parts of your organization, your router.
Below you will find some points about how we backup your router.
- All routers are scheduled to send automatic backups to our team at least once per week.
- When we receive the backup we store those in our ticketing system for reference and retention.
- The email that we receive contains an encrypted backup file that contains the settings of your router.
- This protects your settings from outside exposure.
- This does not contain any log files, in the event of a loss of your router, the related logs will be gone unless you are subscribed to our advanced services such as SIEM, or Advanced Network Monitoring where the logs are stored off-site.
- You will most likely not receive notification of your backup because of the process in which they are completed, however, you can rest assured that we are keeping your organization safe through all means available to us.
- Our techs will often run a backup (or verify that there is a recent backup) before making major changes to your system.
- This is not required and is at the discretion of the technician based on how major the changes being made are.
As always, if you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out to our team by submitting a ticket.